A URL shortener is a simple tool that takes a long URL and turns it into whatever URL you would like it to be.
It couldn’t be any simpler than that.
I want to clarify that a URL shortener is the same as a link shortener… is the same as a link shrinker… a link compressor… a URL condenser… a vanity URL creator… I think that’s them all covered. They are all different ways of saying the same thing, which is that we want to take something long and ugly, then make it short and cute. To keep it simple, I will stick with the term URL shortener from today until the day I die.
Custom (Alias) URL
A custom, or branded URL shortener, is when you’ve connected your own custom domain to a URL shortener which acts as a base for all the short links you create. Instead of using a generic domain such as bit.ly or ss88.my, you can pick your own.
It’s perfectly explained in this gif:
Top Blog Posts
- The 10 best URL shorteners of 2021 7 months ago
- URL Shortener with Password Protection + Splash Screen for Ultimate Brand Ambassador! 7 months ago
- Custom Alias + Splash Screen to achieve Brand Ambassador Result! 7 months ago
- What is URL Shortener 6 months ago
- How to change your profile picture? 6 months ago